White Chocolate Mousse
White Chocolate MousseCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
4 ounces cream cheese
1-3 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the bowl aside.
- Gently melt the white chocolate in a small pot over low heat or in 30-second increments, stirring frequently, in the microwave at half-power.
- Using the same beaters you used to beat the whipping cream, beat the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the white chocolate, vanilla extract and salt on medium speed until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream. If it’s not combining easily, you can use the mixer to beat it in on the very lowest setting, just until combined. Do not over beat!
- Taste the mousse and if it’s not sweet enough, fold in a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar until the mousse is sweet enough for your liking.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1-2 hours for a firmer version.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days.