Spicy Baked Italian Sub Sandwich
Spicy Baked Italian Sub SandwichCourse: Main CourseCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 12- inch Italian loaf get it from the deli, it’s better
Olive oil for drizzle
Balsamic vinegar for drizzle
1/4 cup Mezzetta banana peppers
1/4 cup Mezzetta Italian Sandwich Mix
About 8 thin slices of capicola ham little less than 1/4 lb
1/4 lb ham applewood smoked is amazing
8-10 thin slices of salami little less than 1/4 lb
8-10 thin slices of pepperoni about 1/8 lb
1/4 lb Fontina cheese
Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Slice Italian loaf in half but don’t cut all the way through. Pull the halves apart and drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- On one half, spread banana peppers. On the other half, spread Italian Sandwich Mix.
- Layer capicola, ham, salami, pepperoni and Fontina cheese evenly over the two halves.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top (amount depends on how hot you want it), place carefully on a baking sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Close the two halves back up once it’s done. Cut in half and enjoy with someone you really love because it will take that much to give up the second half! Yes, it’s that good!