Raspberry MousseCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons gelatin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup organic sugar
1 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
2 cups heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, sliced and seeds removed
- In a small saucepan, add cold water.
- Mix in gelatin and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water, vanilla bean, sugar, lemon juice, and raspberries.
- Bring to boil on medium heat.
- Turn down the heat to low and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a Vitamix or food processor and blend until smooth.
- (This reduces the raspberry seeds.)
- Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the raspberry mixture and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.