Oven Baked Chinese BBQ Pork
Oven Baked Chinese BBQ PorkCourse: DinnerCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
3 lb boneless pork shoulder or butt
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
4 garlic cloves minced
2 teaspoons red food coloring optional
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, dry sherry, oyster sauce, five spice, garlic and red food coloring (optional) and mix until combined.
- Cut pork horizontally into three long flat pieces. Place in a container or ziplock bag, pour marinade over pork. Marinade 24-48 hours for optimal flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Place pork on the rack. Bake for 25 minutes. Flip the pork and cook another 25 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and whisk in cornstarch and water and simmer on low for another 10 minutes.
- Remove pork from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Brush the pork with the thickened marinade and broil 5-6 minutes or until slightly charred. Turn the pork over and repeat. Pork temp should be 145-160 degrees.