One Pot Creamy Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
One Pot Creamy Mediterranean Chicken PastaCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2″ pieces
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 lb fettuccine noodles, broken in half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (pre shredded doesn’t melt as well)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
½ cup capers, drained (one small jar)
½ cup kalamata olives, pitted, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
1/2 cup parsley, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces to the oil, and cook until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the middle. 10-15 minutes. Set cooked chicken aside on a plate.
- Add the butter to the pan along with the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and beginning to soften.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream and fettuccine noodles to the pan. Stir to submerge noodles in liquid. Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the parmesan cheese, lemon slices, capers and olives.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer until the pasta is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with parsley and extra salt and pepper to taste.