Matcha White Chocolate Mousse
Matcha White Chocolate MousseCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 pkg. Kinnikinnick Chocolate Cake Mix (500 g)
4 eggs (224 g)
¾ cup water (180 g)
¾ cup oil (180 g)
10 oz. white chocolate (chopped) (296 g)
1 cup cream 32% (240 g)
1 pkg. gelatin (7 g)
¼ cup hot water (50 g)
2 cups cream 33% (whipped) (480 g)
2 tbsp matcha powder (30 g)
¼ cup hot water (45 g)
Shaved white chocolate (optional garnish)
Whipping cream (optional garnish)
- Cake Base
- Preheat oven to 350° F (176 °C). Lightly spray a 9” round spring form cake pan. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil and water in a bowl and mix until combined. Add Kinnikinnick Chocolate Cake Mix and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed, for 2 minutes until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cake will spring back when done. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and finish cooling.
- In a small bowl dissolve gelatin in ¼ cup hot water. Set aside.
- Using a Bain-Marie, combine white chocolate and 1 cup cream. Stir continually until chocolate has melted completely.
- Remove from heat and add dissolved gelatin to chocolate mixture, stir just until combined. Set bowl of melted chocolate on counter to cool.
- Mix 2 cups whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff peak.
- Fold cooled melted chocolate into whipped cream (just until combined).
- Divide white chocolate/whipping cream mix into two portions (one portion will be used for the white chocolate layer and one portion will be used for the matcha layer).
- In a small bowl combine matcha powder with ¼ cup hot water to create a paste. Fold into 1of the portions of the white chocolate mixture.
- Prepare a 9” spring form pan by lining the cake pan inside edge with parchment paper. Parchment should cover entire side and have a height of 2”above edge of cake pan.
- Cake layer- Trim prepared cake to create an even top. Cut cake into two layers (one layer is 2/3 of the cakes height and one layer is 1/3 of the cakes height).
- Place the thicker layer in the base of prepared spring form pan.Cut the thinner layer of cake into cubes and arrange on top of cake layer.
- Slowly pour white chocolate layer over top of prepared cake layer. Place in refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from fridge and slowly pour matcha chocolate layer over white chocolate mousse layer. Using a offset pallet knife, spread top layer evenly. Return cake to refrigerator to set over night.
- Remove set mousse cake from refrigerator and carefully remove outer cake ring.Peel parchment off cake edge.
- Carefully lift off cake pan base and place on serving tray.
- Garnish with fresh whipping cream and chocolate shavings.