Instant Pot Sticky Chicken Thighs
Instant Pot Sticky Chicken ThighsCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
1 tablespoon paprika
fresh ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil divided
FOR THE STICKY SAUCE
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot chili sauce, or to taste (like Sriracha)
3 cloves garlic minced
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
chopped cilantro (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the Instant Pot.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika and ground pepper.
- Add 3 chicken thighs at a time, skin side down, to the Instant Pot; brown all thighs for 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by whisking together 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, minced garlic, and ground ginger.
- Arrange all chicken thighs on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour the prepared sticky sauce over the chicken thighs. Stir the chicken around so they are coated on all sides.
- Lock the lid and pressure cook on HIGH (OR Poultry Mode) for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the pot and allow to release the pressure, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a serving plate.
- To thicken the sauce (optional), scoop out 1/4 cup of the liquid and whisk a tablespoon of cornstarch in it.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and stir in the cornstarch mixture into the sauce in the instant pot; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve the sauce separately or pour it over the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro; serve.