Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
Instant Pot Blueberry JamCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 – 2 lbs Fresh Blueberries
3/4 cup Sugar* (or 1/2 cup Honey) or to taste
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (juice of half of a lemon)
2 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch (use 3 Tbsp if using Honey)
2 Tbsp Water (use 1 1/2 Tbsp if using Honey)
- Put the blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in the pressure cooker inner pot. Close lid and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Press the Pressure Cook (Manual) button or dial and then the +/- button or dial to select 2 minutes. High pressure. It will take a few minutes for the pot to get to pressure.
- When the cook time is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes (10 minute Natural Release). Then turn the steam release knob to the Venting position and release the remaining pressure/steam.
- Turn the pot’s Sauté setting on to the LOW temperature.
- In a small cup, mix the corn starch and water together until smooth. Set aside.
- When the contents starts to simmer, stir and cook for 5 minutes to reduce it a little.
- Add the corn starch slurry into the jam and stir. Cook a couple more minutes until thickened.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and use silicone mitts, or a good set of pot holders to remove the inner pot to a cooling rack. Then give the jam another stir and leave it to cool.
- When cooled, transfer to small mason jars with lids, and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.