Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Creamy Shrimp Pasta RecipeCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3/4 lb fettuccini pasta
1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion (medium), finely chopped
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 garlic clove minced
1/3 cup white wine I used Chardonnay
2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Sea salt or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
1/4 tsp paprika or to taste
1 Tbsp Parsley finely chopped, to garnish
- Add 3/4 lb pasta to a pot of boiling water with 1 Tbsp salt and cook according to package instructions until al-dente. Drain without rinsing and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimp and sauce. Season shrimp with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp paprika. Place a large, non-stick pan over medium/high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add shrimp in a single layer and cook 2 min per side or just until cooked through and no longer translucent. Remove to a separate dish to prevent overcooking.
- In the same hot pan, add 2 Tbsp butter with finely chopped onion and sauté until soft and golden (3-5 mins), stirring often. Add minced garlic and sauté another minute until fragrant. Stir in 1/3 cup white wine and boil down until there is only 25% of the liquid left.
- Stir in 2 cups cream, bring to a light boil then simmer 2 min. Sprinkle sauce with 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and stir just until creamy and smooth. Let it come just to a simmer without boiling then turn off the heat and season sauce with more salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Stir in the drained pasta and cooked shrimp, tossing until noodles are well coated in sauce. Serve in warm pasta bowls with a generous sprinkle of finely chopped parsley, more parmesan cheese and some freshly cracked black pepper.