Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Creamy Mushroom PastaCourse: Main CourseCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
8 ounces uncooked pasta (I like fettuccine or linguine)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
7 ounces mushrooms (I used cremini mushrooms) sliced thin
2 cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 dashes Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon flour
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh parsley chopped, to taste
Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta and cook it al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms release most of their water and it’s cooked off.
- Take the mushrooms out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the wine, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, flour, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Stir until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Stir in the cream and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms back into the pan. Reduce the heat and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season sauce with salt & pepper as needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce along with the parsley and parmesan if using.