Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta with Chicken
Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta with ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
12 ounces penne pasta cooked to al dente
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
5-6 cloves garlic minced
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups nonfat milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup Parmesan cheese divided
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley plus some for garnish
Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside with the pasta.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and melt, then stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and italian seasoning cook for about 1 minute or until golden. Whisk in milk and chicken broth and simmer for several minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in half of the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Toss the cooked pasta and chicken with the sauce to coat, then stir in remaining Parmesan cheese and ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh grated Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.