Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Creamy Cajun Chicken PastaCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 oz penne pasta cooked according to package instructions
2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
1 1/2 TBSPs Cajun seasoning divided
2 TBSPs unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic minced
1 TBSP all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/3 cup grated parmesan plus more for topping
salt and pepper to taste
1 diced tomato
fresh parsley chopped
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with 1 TBSP Cajun seasoning. Add to the skillet. Cook for about three minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, clean it, and return it to the medium heat.
- Melt the butter, add the garlic and sautée for about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and cook it for another 30 seconds. Very slowly add the half and half, initially about a tablespoon at a time, so the sauce thickens. Add more quickly after you have added about half a cup.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it melt completely. Add the remaining 1/2 TBSP Cajun seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the penne to the sauce, top with tomatoes, parsley, parmesan cheese, and the sliced cooked chicken.
- Enjoy immediately!