Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Log
Chocolate Strawberry Mousse LogCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- Strawberry Coulis Filing:
3 cups hulled strawberries, quartered
6 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp cornstarch
2 cups strawberries chopped
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp gelatin powder
2 cups whipping cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
2 large 1.5L water bottles
1 ½ cups crushed cookies
¼ cup melted butter
425g finely chopped white chocolate
235ml heavy cream
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Make the strawberry coulis filling first. Add the strawberries and blend with a hand blender or in a blender. Add the sugar and lemon juice, bring to a boil then whisk in the cornstarch letting boil until thickened.
- Pour into ice cube moulds that are all the same size. Freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Cut 2 water bottles ¾ of the way down. And place one in the other as seen in the video and tape to attach.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry mousse. Add strawberries to a pan and blitz with a hand blender or in a blender. Add the sugar and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the gelatin powder and cook until dissolved and thickened. Remove and let cool.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar together until stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberry mixture until fully combined.
- Mix together crushed cookies and melted butter until combined.
- Add the mousse into the water bottle and spread to the edges. Press the frozen coulis into the centre of the mousse and cover with mousse. Spoon the biscuit on top and press to adhere and flatten.
- Freeze overnight.
- The next day, remove the mousse from the water bottle mould and place on a cooling rack.
- Make the ganache; heat the cream until simmering and pour over the white chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds to melt, then stir to combine. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Pour the white chocolate ganache over the mousse log until coated well. Drizzle the dark chocolate over top. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve!