Best Creamy Tomato Soup
Best Creamy Tomato SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 – 28 ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
1 quart chicken broth
2 heaping Tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the tomatoes, broth, and garlic in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Bring the soup back to a slight boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup again with an immersion blender to make it smooth and creamy.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese, grilled cheese croutons, and fresh basil, if desired.